Discover the David Roche collection.
Wednesday 15th, Thursday 16th or Friday 17th February 2023
McLaren Vale pick-up Thursday 16th February only
Fermoy House was the home of David J Roche AM (1930–2013) and it houses one of the most significant collections of 18th and 19th century European antiques in the Southern Hemisphere. A collector for almost 60 years, the value of these items exceeds $70 million and includes everything from European furniture and ceramics to metal ware, clocks and paintings. Many of the pieces display exquisite workmanship and are from leading designers such as Faberge. The collection also includes some quirky elements reflective of David’s engaging personality such as porcelain dogs and hand-carved commodes!
Following our visit we enjoy lunch before a scenic drive along the coast to appreciate the summer views.
Please note: numbers on these tours are restricted to 20 passengers only.
We expect to start set-downs in Encounter Bay at approximately 4.30pm, finishing in Goolwa around 5:20pm.
Pick-up locations and times for February:
- 8:00am – Seachange Village, Gardiner Street Goolwa
- 8:03am – Goolwa Ampol, Cadell Street Goolwa
- 8:05am – Goolwa Stratco, Hutchinson Street, Goolwa
- 8:10am – Thornbury Park, Willmett Road Goolwa Beach
- 8:20am – Bus stop 12, Middleton
- 8:30am – Elliot Gardens, Montpelier Terrace Port Elliot
- 8:35am – Resthaven, Frederik St Port Elliot
- 8:40am – Bus stop 7, Hayborough
- 8:50am – Bus stop 1, Stuart Street, Victor Harbor
- 8:55am – Bus stop 4, Rosetta Village, Maude Street Encounter Bay
- 9:35am – McLaren Vale Lodge, McLaren Vale (Thursday 16 February only)
Important: please give us a call the day before the trip to confirm.