Christmas in July
Celebrate when the weather suits!
Thursday 20th or Friday 21st July 2023
McLaren Vale pick-up Thursday 20th July only
There’s no doubt that in Australia we celebrate Christmas in the wrong season! After all, the idea of having hot roast turkey and Christmas pudding when it’s 40 degrees outside is slightly ridiculous. It’s a meal that is just made for colder weather – a typical northern hemisphere December. So this month we’re bringing Christmas to Australia’s winter!
Our first stop is in Hahndorf at the Sanctuary Gallery. Artist Amanda Tuohy loves capturing the beauty and essence of our unique Australian wildlife in her art. From the delicate brushstrokes of a bird’s feathers to the intricate detail of a flower, Amanda’s passion is reflected in her stunning pieces. We have the
opportunity to chat with Amanda, look around the gallery and browse the shop where you will find Amanda’s artwork on everything from cushions to cards and tea towels to tote bags.
From here we make our way to the Bridgewater Inn for a delicious traditional Christmas lunch. We leave winter outside and enjoy the warmth of a wood fire in this wonderful historic setting. There’s nothing better than a fun celebration of Christmas with friends!
We expect to start set-downs in Encounter Bay at approximately 4.30pm, finishing in Goolwa around 5:20pm.
Pick-up locations and times for July:
- 8.05am – McLaren Vale Lodge, McLaren Vale (Thursday 20 July only)
- 8.45am– Bus stop 4, Rosetta Village, Maude Street Encounter Bay
- 8:50am – Bus stop 1, Stuart Street, Victor Harbor
- 9:00am – Bus stop 7, Hayborough
- 9:05am – Resthaven, Frederik St Port Elliot
- 9.10am – Elliot Gardens, Montpelier Terrace Port Elliot
- 9:20am – Bus stop 12, Middleton
- 9.30am – Seachange Village, Gardiner Street Goolwa
- 9:32am – Goolwa Ampol, Cadell Street Goolwa
- 8:35am – Goolwa Stratco, Hutchinson Street Goolwa
- 8:40am – Thornbury Park, Willmett Road Goolwa Beach
Important: please give us a call the day before the trip to confirm.