Music & Vines
The wonderful rebirth of our musical heritage.
Wednesday 15th, Thursday 16th or Friday 17th June 2022
Did you know that there is a part of the Adelaide Town Hall in the Barossa? From 1877 until 1989 one of the impressive features of Adelaide’s Town Hall was a spectacular pipe organ. It was built in England by the firm Hill & Son, but after 1989 it languished in storage. However, it is now fully restored and in use, in the Tanunda Soldiers Memorial Hall.
Today we’re making our way north to Tanunda to see and hear this amazing musical instrument. One of the Friends of the Hill & Son Grand Organ will tell us about the organ, about the journey of its restoration, and what makes it special. The instrument is a work of art: it rewards both the ears and the eyes!
After visiting the organ we head across to Angaston for a delicious two course lunch. In the afternoon we head back to the coast, making our way through the beautiful Adelaide Hills. It’s going to be a great day – don’t miss out!
We expect to start set-downs in Goolwa at approximately 5.00pm, finishing in Encounter Bay around 5:45pm.
Pick-up locations and times for June:
- 8:15am – Seachange Village, Gardiner Street Goolwa
- 8:17am – Goolwa Caltex, Cadell Street Goolwa
- 8:20am – Goolwa Stratco, Hutchinson Street, Goolwa
- 8:25am – Thornbury Park, Willmett Road Goolwa Beach
- 8:35am – Bus stop 12, Middleton
- 8:45am – Elliot Gardens, Montpelier Terrace Port Elliot
- 8:50am – Bus stop 7, Hayborough
- 8:55am – Bus stop 1, Stuart Street, Victor Harbor
- 9:00am – Bus stop 4, Rosetta Village, Maude Street Encounter Bay
- 9:45am – McLaren Vale Lodge, McLaren Vale (Thursday 16 June only)
Important: please give us a call the day before the trip to confirm and so we can take your lunch order.