Murray River Cruise
Experience the wonderful bird life of the Murray
Thursday 18th or Friday 19th March 2021
Is there anything better on a sunny day than cruising the Murray River? Yes there is, when its Four Knots Cruises nature cruise! Today we’re heading across to the river town of Mannum.
Before we head out on the Murray, we are first stopping for a delicious two-course lunch at the Pretoria Hotel. Then it’s out on the river for a 90 minute cruise!
There’s nothing better than cruising the river, especially with the magnificent scenery the Murray offers. The Four Knots vessel is perfectly sized – not too large. This allows us to get up close to the scenery on the banks of the Murray, and to better see the various birds in the trees. The knowledge of our captain, Chad, adds to our enjoyment as we cruise. We are likely to see a variety of birds along the river, and a highlight will be seeing Whistling Kites and Black Kites swooping down to be fed from the boat!
We are so looking forward to this trip in March – a special chance to enjoy the scenery and bird life of the Murray! Come along and enjoy it with us!
We expect to start set-downs in Goolwa at approximately 5pm, finishing in Encounter Bay around 5:45pm.
- 8:50am – Bus stop 4, Rosetta Village, Maude Street Encounter Bay
- 8:55am – Bus stop 1, Stuart Street, Victor Harbor
- 9:00am – Bus stop 7, Hayborough
- 9:05am – Elliot Gardens, Montpelier Terrace Port Elliot
- 9:15am – Bus stop 12, Middleton
- 9:25am – Seachange Village, Gardiner Street Goolwa
- 9:27am – Goolwa Caltex, Cadell Street Goolwa
- 9:30am – Goolwa Stratco, Hutchinson Street, Goolwa
Important: please give us a call the day before the trip to confirm. The new health requirements mean we have some questions to ask, including getting your choice for lunch.