Gallery and Gardens
Wednesday 17th, Thursday 18th or Friday 19th November
November is a wonderful time to enjoy a day out, and we’ve got a fabulous tour for this month! Today we’re venturing to the Barossa Valley, to one of the best spots in the area. Barossa Chateau was opened in 2002 by none other than Her Majesty the Queen. It’s a remarkable complex with a lot to see and do. For our visit we are concentrating on the gallery and the garden.
The gallery here is amazing. It houses one of the most impressive collections of porcelain in Australia, put together over a period of 35 years. The collection is from the 18th and 19th centuries, and has been gathered from all over the world. As well as enjoying the gallery, we also have time in the garden. The collection of roses here is also incredible – with over 22 acres of roses and 5km of paths, we might not walk them all today! With the spring flush of flowers, the colours and scents will be superb.
We enjoy a hearty lunch in the nearby town of Lyndoch, before beginning our journey home, travelling through the hills to make the most of the beautiful late spring countryside. Don’t miss out on a magnificent day! We expect to start set-downs in Goolwa at approximately 4.30pm, finishing in Encounter Bay around 5:15pm.
Pick-up locations and times for October:
- 8:50am – Bus stop 4, Rosetta Village, Maude Street Encounter Bay
- 8:55am – Bus stop 1, Stuart Street, Victor Harbor
- 9:00am – Bus stop 7, Hayborough
- 9:05am – Elliot Gardens, Montpelier Terrace Port Elliot
- 9:15am – Bus stop 12, Middleton
- 9:25am – Seachange Village, Gardiner Street Goolwa
- 9:27am – Goolwa Caltex, Cadell Street Goolwa
- 9:30am – Goolwa Stratco, Hutchinson Street, Goolwa
Important: please give us a call the day before the trip to confirm. The new health requirements mean we have some questions to ask, including getting your choice for lunch.