Spring Garden Freshness
Wednesday 20th, Thursday 21st or Friday 22nd October
Spring has sprung! The wattles are blooming, the air is warmer and the season is perfect for getting out and exploring. This October we are taking advantage of the freshness of the new season to visit Australia’s largest garden centre – the Virginia Nursery. Set in the market garden areas north of Adelaide, it’s perhaps not surprising that the nursery was started by a vegetable grower and his sons. The Gencheff family extended their produce business by growing vegetable seedlings for local growers, and in 2002 opened Virginia Home and Garden.
The Virginia Nursery is much more than just plants for sale, though there are lots of those! There are also stunning display gardens, home and kitchen ware for sale, and more. It all adds up to a wonderful place to visit.
Lunch is just a short drive away at the Mawson Lakes Hotel. Mawson Lakes is one of the newer developments in Adelaide, so we take a look around the development so you can see what it’s all about.
This afternoon we head home through the hills where the landscape looks wonderful in October, with lots of fresh, green growth. Come with us for a fabulous day of fun!. We expect to start set-downs in Goolwa at approximately 4.30pm, finishing in Encounter Bay around 5:15pm.
Pick-up locations and times for October:
- 8:50am – Seachange Village, Gardiner Street Goolwa
- 8:52am – Goolwa Caltex, Cadell Street Goolwa
- 8:55am – Goolwa Stratco, Hutchinson Street, Goolwa
- 9:05am – Bus stop 12, Middleton
- 9:15am – Elliot Gardens, Montpelier Terrace Port Elliot
- 9:20am – Bus stop 7, Hayborough
- 9:25am – Bus stop 1, Stuart Street, Victor Harbor
- 9:30am – Bus stop 4, Rosetta Village, Maude Street Encounter Bay
Important: please give us a call the day before the trip to confirm. The new health requirements mean we have some questions to ask, including getting your choice for lunch.