A magnificent mysterious meander.
Wednesday 21st, Thursday 22nd or Friday 23rd September 2022
McLaren Vale pick-up Thursday 22nd September only
We’ve discovered another new and interesting place to visit, but we’re not going to tell you where!
This morning we’re travelling into the countryside for a fascinating and fun exploration. We are heading to a place that we haven’t visited before. This is a production facility where the workers are delightful – if they’re in a good mood. Otherwise, watch out!
You may think that all of the workers here should have the name Lloyd, but you would be mistaken. And although their activity seems quite relaxed, after their main production run is finished they’ve worked so hard that they have lost a significant amount of weight.
You’ll be pleased by today’s lunch – a hearty, two course meal in a country pub. The town where it is located was originally three towns, which grew together – one of these was named Hendryton after the first blacksmith here. You might think its current name comes from the area around, but it was named after the sister of one of the first settlers. After lunch we have a delightful drive to lead us back to the South Coast and home. Come with us for a fabulous day, wherever we may end up!
We expect to start set-downs in Encounter Bay at approximately 4.30pm, finishing in Goolwa around 5:15pm.
Pick-up locations and times for September:
- 8:30am – Bus stop 4, Rosetta Village, Maude Street Encounter Bay
- 8:35am – Bus stop 1, Stuart Street, Victor Harbor
- 8:40am – Bus stop 7, Hayborough
- 8:45am – Elliot Gardens, Montpelier Terrace Port Elliot
- 8:55am – Bus stop 12, Middleton
- 9:05am – Seachange Village, Gardiner Street Goolwa
- 9:15am – Goolwa Caltex, Cadell Street Goolwa
- 9:17am – Goolwa Stratco, Hutchinson Street, Goolwa
- 9:20am – Thornbury Park, Willmett Road Goolwa Beach
- 10:05am – McLaren Vale Lodge, McLaren Vale (Thursday 22 September only)
Important: please give us a call the day before the trip to confirm and so we can take your lunch order.